Author Topic: Carlack  (Read 8733 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Carlack
« Reply #20 on: 06 April 2010, 11:50 »
I ha the same problem with this so it won't go near my front window!

weird  :undecided:  stupid question but are you sure you're using the products the right way round?  :huh:

black cap - creamy beige stuff is the cleanser
white cap - tasty alcohol flavoured stuff is the sealant

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #21 on: 06 April 2010, 12:18 »

weird  :undecided:  stupid question but are you sure you're using the products the right way round?  :huh:

Top Product , works well on my motor too, the above is the correct way to apply!!  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #22 on: 06 April 2010, 15:24 »
Under 40mph you might have to use your windscreen wipers.. Its a chore I know. Do you not have the automatic rain sensor pack fitted? It will save you having to move a finger :wink:

If you look at my first post, I've clearly said the wiper 'shudders'  :rolleyes: If you scroll up and read it will save you having to type with your own little fingers.  :wink:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 April 2010, 15:26 »

The one with the dna type picture on the bottle I assumed was the sealant, which is the watery stuff is what I used last.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 06 April 2010, 15:29 »
The guys that say it works well at low speeds are fibbing me thinks. The beading is so tight its like a white haze over the window. Ok, use the wipers, they will rub and shudder as they are being used then when you go over 40-50 mph you'll get the beading moving away and have runs over the windows, which you'll need to wiper away again.

Sorry I just cant recommend it, infact its kinda sh!te.  :grin:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #25 on: 06 April 2010, 15:47 »
The guys that say it works well at low speeds are fibbing me thinks. The beading is so tight its like a white haze over the window. Ok, use the wipers, they will rub and shudder as they are being used then when you go over 40-50 mph you'll get the beading moving away and have runs over the windows, which you'll need to wiper away again.

Think you might need some new wipers Kev? They dont lasts very long anyway, and if the car was stood still for a while befor being shipped over when you got it they may well need repalcing??  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 06 April 2010, 15:51 »

I never said it works at low speeds.  From my experience it only works well 60mph and above though at low speeds I don't get any shuddering with the wipers nor smearing

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #27 on: 06 April 2010, 16:22 »
Under 40mph you might have to use your windscreen wipers.. Its a chore I know. Do you not have the automatic rain sensor pack fitted? It will save you having to move a finger :wink:

If you look at my first post, I've clearly said the wiper 'shudders'  :rolleyes: If you scroll up and read it will save you having to type with your own little fingers.  :wink:

Meoww!!

Kev, maybe try new wipers, although you surely wouldnt need new ones yet?  :undecided:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 06 April 2010, 17:25 »

Meoww!!

Kev, maybe try new wipers, although you surely wouldnt need new ones yet?  :undecided:

:grin: :grin:  I think Kev is a touch wound up at the moment due to his smearing issue and juddery wipers...

as a thought Kev... were you very liberal with the application? Did you perhaps not remove it all?

have you thought of contacting the vendor or Carlack about this issue and see what their recommendations are?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 April 2010, 13:17 »
My wipers were fine before Carlack so I would think they are not the prob.

Guy : Not sure, I might have put too much on ? Might be put too little on ? I'm not sure. All it said in the instructions was to apply it with a paper towel, so thats what I did. I'm pretty sure I removed it all, all I had to go on to judge that was the window becoming crystal clear again and thats what I waited to see while buffing it off. Good shout on contacting the vendor/carlack, it wont do any harm.