Author Topic: Carlack  (Read 8679 times)

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
Re: Carlack
« Reply #10 on: 05 April 2010, 14:47 »
Never used that myself bud, I use this (I assume its very simliar)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/carlack-68-nano-systematic-care-various-sizes-/prod_356.html

Gives me fantastic results. What are you cleaning the glass with 1st bud?  :undecided:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #11 on: 05 April 2010, 14:50 »
Carlack works wonders for me mate, which product exactly is it?  :undecided:

This stuff here.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-exterior/carlack-glass-sealing-kit/prod_348.html

Cant understand what yu donr wrong there mate , it works wonders for me Kev!! Clean your windows with the creamy bottle first then put the clear liquid on next, leave it on for about 5-10 mins then buff off with dam microfiber cloth should work a treat??  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #12 on: 05 April 2010, 14:50 »
Never used that myself bud, I use this (I assume its very simliar)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/carlack-68-nano-systematic-care-various-sizes-/prod_356.html

Gives me fantastic results. What are you cleaning the glass with 1st bud?  :undecided:

The car has had its foam wash and normal wash previously so I assume the window is pre-cleaned. I then use the Carlack68 cleaner (thats the stuff that turns a shade of grey to be buffed off) then the Carlack68 sealant on top of that.

Dont tell me I bought the wrong stuff.  :lipsrsealed:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 05 April 2010, 14:52 »
Carlack works wonders for me mate, which product exactly is it?  :undecided:

This stuff here.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-exterior/carlack-glass-sealing-kit/prod_348.html

Cant understand what yu donr wrong there mate , it works wonders for me Kev!! Clean your windows with the creamy bottle first then put the clear liquid on next, leave it on for about 5-10 mins then buff off with dam microfiber cloth should work a treat??  :cool:

Thats exactly what I do.

I'm gonna get some pics tonight or tomorrow morning so that you call can see what I'm talking about.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #14 on: 05 April 2010, 14:54 »
scottish rain, thats ya problem  :wink:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2010, 15:03 »
scottish rain, thats ya problem  :wink:

:grin: Too much of it too  :sad:

Offline Searly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2010, 19:29 »
I used this for the first time , a couple of months ago . Best stuff I have ever used .  get to around 40 - 50 MPH , front screens clears its self .  Problem I got is the rest of the family is trying to get their hands on my bottles to clean their cars .

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 05 April 2010, 20:01 »
I used this for the first time , a couple of months ago . Best stuff I have ever used .  get to around 40 - 50 MPH , front screens clears its self .  Problem I got is the rest of the family is trying to get their hands on my bottles to clean their cars .

It's easy saying get to 40-50, but when you cant see its impossible. Busy non-main roads where your stopping and starting, stopping at traffic lights, going past school runs, in and out short roads is when you cant go 40-50. How do you clear the window when its raining ? It just beads.

If you go over 40-50 fine, for anything else, its useless and by that time you've crashed, caused an accident or been pulled by the police cause you aint cleared your window.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 05 April 2010, 22:43 »
Under 40mph you might have to use your windscreen wipers.. Its a chore I know. Do you not have the automatic rain sensor pack fitted? It will save you having to move a finger :wink:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 06 April 2010, 08:46 »
I ha the same problem with this so it won't go near my front window!