Author Topic: Carlack  (Read 8732 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Carlack
« on: 05 April 2010, 11:12 »
Got this on my windscreen yesterday, took a bit of time to get it on and setup and this morning when going to work was a perfect opportunity to test it out as it was pissing down.

Ok, first up, dont put this crap anywhere near your windows. If you detail much and notice what happens when you put wax layers on your car, well the exact same thing happens to your windscreen, you get beading, lots of em and you cant see sh!t. Use your wipers ? Ok, dont that, all they do is smear and your wipers 'shudder' as they are being used. If you go faster, say 40mph, it still doesnt completely clear, Id say you would have to be going pretty fast for the car windows to clear after using this crap.

Unless I'm missing something, dont use this anywhere near your windows.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Carlack
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2010, 11:29 »
you on about the sealant for the paintwork or the glass kit??  :undecided:

The Carlack glass kit is superb and I found at motorway speeds you don't need to use your wipers!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2010, 12:03 »
you on about the sealant for the paintwork or the glass kit??  :undecided:

The Carlack glass kit is superb and I found at motorway speeds you don't need to use your wipers!

The glass kit.

Motorway may be fine, unless you live on the motorway your gonna have to get there first and its practically impossible to see to then get to the motorway to pick up the speed for your windows to clear.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2010, 12:32 »
sounds like you could do with a beer kev :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2010, 12:36 »
Oh dear kev.. User error perhaps? I've found it is the best thing to use on windows..

Ho hum.. Can't win em all!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2010, 14:20 »
Oh dear kev.. User error perhaps? I've found it is the best thing to use on windows..

Ho hum.. Can't win em all!

Is there a particular method it should be applied ? I just applied it in swirl motions like the instructions said.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2010, 14:20 »

Or 3  :smiley:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2010, 14:30 »

Or 3  :smiley:

Kev i was in tesco's the other day, and saw your name on a loaf a bread , guess what it said ( thick cut)  :laugh:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #8 on: 05 April 2010, 14:34 »
Carlack works wonders for me mate, which product exactly is it?  :undecided:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 05 April 2010, 14:45 »