Author Topic: decent wax  (Read 5411 times)

Jkctr

Re: decent wax
« Reply #20 on: 31 July 2009, 17:19 »
Took me 30 minutes for my posts, you ignored it and bought the worst wax possible (some week old sh!t would be better)

Lesson learnt  :wink:

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #21 on: 31 July 2009, 20:06 »
Luckily I didnt buy it!!! But seening as its raining now and should be dry tomorrow will wash and re wax it but going to halfords to get some wax of some description
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 01 August 2009, 20:45 »
Took me 30 minutes for my posts, you ignored it and bought the worst wax possible (some week old sh!t would be better)

Lesson learnt  :wink:

looks like the lesson isn't being learnt... all those in flavour of locking the thread say 'aye'

Luckily I didnt buy it!!! But seening as its raining now and should be dry tomorrow will wash and re wax it but going to halfords to get some wax of some description

jones... I am not being funny with you, but you asked for a 'decent wax' as per your original post and thread title... and you have ignored everyones advice, links, suggestions and people vouching for certain products all the way through.

if you want a 'decent wax' then opt for something that has been suggested and see the results. else, please stop wasting peoples time. thanks.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #23 on: 01 August 2009, 20:49 »
sorry, but i just lol'd,  :grin: loads of good advice and then buys crap and has a mare.  :grin:

dont lock it guy  :laugh:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #24 on: 05 August 2009, 00:31 »
Tip which all probably already know, if you dont have a lot of money for cleaning products then try and get one at ur budget! Using Carplan wax is USLESS! Started at 8am and still aint finished....I used a buffer to put it on which was easy and taking it off was another story! Even the buffer wont take it off! Argh am sooo annoyed...dont think its the buffer, its the flamin wax!!!!! :angry:

your big big mistake was applying it with the buffer :embarassed: you have baked it on with it :rolleyes:
wax should only be applyed by hand :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Kermit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 07 August 2009, 16:47 »
Anyone suggest a decent wax
Don't worry, just found the $hit my dad put on his ford crapri in the 1980's - will do the trick - anyone got a rotary I can borrow...  :lipsrsealed:
2007 GTI, Steel Grey, DSG with Paddle, Leather, 18" Monza, Xenons, Lux and Winter Pack, iPod, Tints

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 09 August 2009, 00:30 »
 :rolleyes: now now people :huh: hes had a good grilling, dont make me get my rotory out :drool:

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #27 on: 09 August 2009, 10:56 »
I bought some dodo juice rainforest rub the other day and all i can say is its amazing! the shine it gives is amazing! plus its easy to buff off!

Dan

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 09 August 2009, 14:51 »
 :smiley: dodojuice rocks for uber shineyness,protection wise its not so great, i do a layer of collinite 845 then cap it off with either rainforest rub or purple haze :wink:

tip: dont put dodo on in full sun or if your body panels are hot,it will bake on hard and is a pig to remove.

Jkctr

« Reply #29 on: 09 August 2009, 16:09 »
You shouldnt do anything in the sun, mine stays out of the sun from start to finish!