Author Topic: What Can I Do, Suggestions Please.  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Gozza

• I live here
Re:What Can I Do, Suggestions Please.
« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2003, 13:04 »
if you ran your tweeters straight off the heady you'd kill them! all that bass!

Yes this is correct, I assumed he would know to go thru the x overs first ya see. Depends if the tweeters are standard or aftermarket etc. A x over is still required.

Offline BiffaBacon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 31 December 2003, 13:16 »
All speakers & tweeters are standard, but will be getting uprated.

All I'm wanting is for all the speakers & tweeters to work, and to have the option of putting the sub in the boot if I want it.

Sorry if I come across as thick, but I really am on this subject.
VR6 & YZF-R6

Offline Gozza

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 December 2003, 13:25 »
Split 1 stereo channel between the tweeter n front speeker on the left and the tweeter n front speaker on the right and then 1 channel for each rear speaker, and again use the amp for the sub.

I would personally go with this option and see how it sounds, If the tweeters n fronts dont sound very good then divide the 4 channels between the tweeters n front speakers so they get more power than splitting them. !!

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #13 on: 31 December 2003, 14:02 »
the mk3's standard tweaters have a small capacitor on them. I guess this is to cut out the lower freq's, but I don't know why they've got 4 wires going into them. I just mounted my alpine tweaters in the standard mk3 positions.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Helios_Blue_Valver

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 January 2004, 01:03 »
From the sounds of it your heady doesn't have a preamp built in meaning you will need to run amps for all involved. I would run a 50x4 for the mids and highs. Run the tweeters and the door speakers in series with high pass filters on the + side of the tweeters. This should give the fronts a bit extra power handling but will also lower the impedence of the speakers. Run this amp off the front and rear RCA pre-outs on the heady. Then run a seperate amp off of the non fading pre-out for the sub. Sounds like the reason your current setup isn't doing it is that you don't have enough power for the sub and your rear speakers are not hooked up. 4 channel amps are made primarily for powering mids and highs. For solid base you need a dedicated mono or 2 channel amp bridged. Hope this will help. :) Going to bed now. Too much to party and the floor is moving. lol. Take it ez

Brad