Author Topic: Head unit keeps resetting....  (Read 4788 times)

Offline DarkAngel

• Not said much yet
Head unit keeps resetting....
« on: 19 May 2006, 21:53 »
Just put in a new Alpine headunit this evening, using the ISO connectors. Was just a straight swap unclipping the old stereo from the blocks over to the new one.. But have stumbled across a small problem. Now everytime I turn off the ignition and take the key out, When I start the car again and turn the headunit on it's all been reset..ie everything right down to the stored radio stations..I can re set-up the unit, and lo and behold it'll reset again.. Now did I miss anything out when I put the new one in.. as the old unit never had the problem but I did notice it had something wired to it which I removed as it wasn't connected to any of the ISO connectors. It's driving me mad having to re-tune and set the EQ etc before i even begin to go for a drive  :sad: Any help would be appreciated, before I had to go book it in somewhere to get sorted :\  car is a Mk3 Golf btw.

Offline GolfGL

• I live here
Re: Head unit keeps resetting....
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2006, 22:27 »
i think you need to swap the red with the yellow
Audi TT 3.2 24v v6 2005 - The Sloth - Weekends
VW Golf 2.0 8v GTI 1996 - Lemonade II -Daily
MNR Vortx Yamaha R1 2009 - Track days
Sold Seat Leon Cupra R 225 -LM04 NDE "Lemonade"

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2006, 23:39 »
yup... just swap the red and yellows over. Really easy to do on an alpine as they've kindly used bullet connections!

Offline DarkAngel

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2006, 08:44 »
Ah right.... So the two long leads that are seperate from the ISO blocks I just need to swap them over, red to yellow and yellow to red? And it'll be done? Or is the leads on the ISO blocks I need to change?

Offline GazB

• I live here
  • Newport Edition - aaahhhhh!AC Cobra Fast as F*@k -
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2006, 09:35 »
It should be in the ISO block, just change em around so they are yellow/red and red/yellow, then the radio will keep a permanent feed and keep its memory :cool:

Offline DarkAngel

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2006, 09:53 »
Cheers Gaz, I'll go have a look once I've had some coffee :)

El_Presidente

« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2009, 20:39 »
i know this is an old topic but i have just fitted a sony mex-bt3600u in my mk3 and am having the same problem as the op, is it the same for any aftermarket head unit, just swapping the red and yellow from the cables coming from the head unit??? thanks  :smiley:

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2009, 21:00 »
i know this is an old topic but i have just fitted a sony mex-bt3600u in my mk3 and am having the same problem as the op, is it the same for any aftermarket head unit, just swapping the red and yellow from the cables coming from the head unit??? thanks  :smiley:

Yes.

El_Presidente

« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2009, 21:11 »
thankyou, i looked at the back and they already had a spaded connection in the middle so i didnt even have to cut and solder. job done and has now stored all settings :)

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 07 October 2009, 21:23 »
i've got the same problem but guess i just got my answer :D