Author Topic: IPOD Car kits  (Read 4600 times)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
Re: IPOD Car kits
« Reply #20 on: 09 June 2005, 21:38 »
How about an i-trip? thy're bout £20inc postage from e-bay they transmit signals like a radio from your ipod - i can link mine up and tune 3 car radio's in and we can all listen to my ipod when off driving to the coast for the evenin.

They're illegal to sue in this country - but not illegal to own!

Offline jasonpi

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 July 2005, 13:30 »
hi all just to add my 2 pence worth it was my birthday last week yippee(turned 29) :cry: but anyway got me an ipod and loving it so anyways had spare cash and i already own an alpin cda9847r HU with ipod compatibilty just needed the adapter for ipod which is the KCA-420i and i tell you what everytime i get in the car i lock my ipod away in the glove box obviously connected to the adapter and never need to touch the ipod again everything the ipod can do can be accessed from the HU great bit of kit highly reccomend it
if you cant afford it rob someone you wont be dissapointed

Offline spacedog

• Just got here
« Reply #22 on: 25 August 2005, 12:48 »
Hi,

I have just got a Golf MK4 GTI and am starting to think about how to attach my IPOD to the stereo. 

In my old cars I have used a tape adapter and a iTrip.  The iTrip is OK is you are only doing short distances but I tend to drive the lenght of the country a lot so I have to retune every so often to keep interference from other radio stations to a minimum.

I haven't done a lot of digging around on this yet but I think the standard stereo in the Golf is a Blaupunkt unit.  Which may be able to take a Blaupunkt AUX lead directly into the back.  eg: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2191&cadid=3ff97c6726706c8a257de41b3794afc1 or if that doesn't work http://makeashorterlink.com/?A4C123DAB
I am prepaired for people to shout me down on this, but it would be a very easy and cheep solution.  I know that it isn't as an elegent solution as the fully integrated ones but it would be a fraction of the price.

Any comments on if this will work or not?