Author Topic: Mk4 Gti Standard headunit with a sub?  (Read 4665 times)

Offline samclark3232

• Not said much yet
Mk4 Gti Standard headunit with a sub?
« on: 29 January 2011, 14:59 »
Hi i have a mk4 golf and i feel  a major lack of bass and was wondering i anyone had past experience with trying to fit a sub with the standard head unit of the car, also it has a 6 cd changer sont know if it would make much difference but just thaught id add.

Thanks

Sam
1999 Mk4 golf gti (non turbo) 3dr jazz blue, recaro interior, 6 cd changer, Fk Coilovers, 6000k HID Kit :)

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
Re: Mk4 Gti Standard headunit with a sub?
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2011, 17:17 »
yes you can add a sub you need the autoleads mini iso adapter part number pc3-11
this plugs into the back of your h/u and gives you front and rear rca outputs
www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk<br />mobile vehicle security & audio fitting service<br />insurance accredited

Offline samclark3232

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2011, 14:13 »
Thanks mate also im just wondering if i disconnect the head unit will it ask me for a code to re activate it when plugged back in as i had this problem with my old fiesta and i hand no music for a week :-/ Thanks
1999 Mk4 golf gti (non turbo) 3dr jazz blue, recaro interior, 6 cd changer, Fk Coilovers, 6000k HID Kit :)

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2011, 14:22 »
if its the original unit supplied with the car then you shouldn't need a code as its a ll linked to the chassis number
the easiest way to check is when you pull the stereo out of the dash before you unplug it check the vin number down the side of the unit if it matches the cars vin number then you will be fine
if not then you will need the code which can be bought online
www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk<br />mobile vehicle security & audio fitting service<br />insurance accredited

Offline samclark3232

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2011, 20:03 »
I now have the autoleads adaptor and i have wired the whole car up but im not getting any power to the amp i think its the remote because the power cable is running straight from the battery (of corse) so theres 12v there and i also have tried 4 different amps with this setup and none of them are getting any power, before you ask i am trying them with the engine running lol, any help would be much appritiated.

Thanks

Sam

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2011, 23:13 »
you should have a thin blue/yellow wire coming out of the mini iso plug thats the remote live
if you don't then you can just wire it up to the ignition live coming from the stereo

Offline samclark3232

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2011, 23:53 »
Yeah i have the remote wired in and running to the amp but still no luck :( i dont know if i need to have a certain setting activated on the headunit or anything but im getting no power :(

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2011, 00:24 »
no setting up required plug and play try connecting it to the aerial remote out on the stereo this will be in the top iso plug and will be in the 2nd wire in from the side without the tag on if you catch my description

Offline ashie_b1986

• GTI forum regular
  • mk4 golf gti 1.8 turbo AUM 2001
« Reply #8 on: 17 February 2011, 08:38 »
where did you get the leads from mate?
i want to get some for mine
are these them?
http://www.fruugo.co.uk/autoleads-pc311-yellow-mini-iso-to-rca-leads/p-1054336?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product%2Bsearch

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YELLOW-MINI-ISO-RCA-F-R-SUB-PC3-11-PC3-12-NEW-/300479808832?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item45f5fe0540

the first link has the 2 sets of outputs and a remote
the 2nd link has 2 sets of output, a single sub output and doesnt look like it has a remote

which one should i get?
« Last Edit: 17 February 2011, 08:48 by ashie_b1986 »

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2011, 09:05 »
you need the first one as the factory vw unit does not have a sub out
http://www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=50_104&products_id=756