Author Topic: Cleaning inside windscreen?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline adekil

• GTI forum regular
Cleaning inside windscreen?
« on: 09 March 2015, 18:42 »
Sorry but wasn't sure where to post this or how many times this has been asked before...

Looking for the best product and method to clean the inside front windscreen without leaving swirl marks or smudges?

I usually leave it alone as I change cars often but the screen is quite bad at the moment and any haze shining through impairs vision a lot.
Current(2024): MK8 Golf R, Pure White, RV Camera & 19" Estoril Diamond Cut

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: Cleaning inside windscreen?
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2015, 19:17 »
Any decent glass cleaner- try Angel Wax Vision or Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol. Apply with a microfibre and buff with another.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2015, 19:18 »
I did here no matter how well you do it won't get rid of the vw sucker marks from factory apparently some sort of grease ????

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2015, 20:12 »
It's been around for ages but you can't beat Autoglym Car glass polish, my only tip would be just to use a very small ammount.

Neil

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2015, 22:47 »
Cleaning the inside windscreen always one of my least favourite jobs.  Imo not all car glass cleaners are equal.  They vary greatly and some leave residue no matter how well you wipe off and this only becomes apparent in hazy or night time driving conditions when you realise you can't see a thing.

After a recommendation on here, I switched to Autoglym Fast Glass (used to use Auto Finesse Crystal with mixed results).  Best results I ever had using the AG.  It just works, no smears, smudges, and effortless to buff off. 

Also a dedicated glass cloth makes a lot difference as they have more 'bite' than a normal microfibre.  I can highly recommend the WoWo Glass Cloth or a DoDo Juice Waffle Weave Glass Cloth.  If I had to pick then the WoWo just edges it.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2015, 22:54 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2015, 09:30 »
Another vote for AG Fast Glass here.

It also doesn't matter about the overspray on the dash. In fact you can also use it to dust your dashboard plastics, leaving no traces of product behind.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline adekil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2015, 10:13 »
Thanks all, just placed an order for some Wo-Wo cloths and AG spray  :smiley:

So with Wo-Wo I get 4 microfibre cloths and 1 glass cloth, I assume I spray onto window and use glass cloth then wipe afterwards with the microfibre cloths?
« Last Edit: 10 March 2015, 10:27 by adekil »
Current(2024): MK8 Golf R, Pure White, RV Camera & 19" Estoril Diamond Cut

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2015, 12:14 »

So with Wo-Wo I get 4 microfibre cloths and 1 glass cloth, I assume I spray onto window and use glass cloth then wipe afterwards with the microfibre cloths?

I would spray on and distribute using microfibre cloth and then wipe off using the dedicated glass cloth.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 10 March 2015, 19:37 »

You won't be dissapointed :smiley: just need Neil at Wo Wo to get some more products now :wink:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 10 March 2015, 20:01 »
Thanks all for the encouraging feedback!

With regard new products, you guys on the forum will hear about it first! With my old Ginge35Edition guise I have lots of loyalties and firends on here too!

You'll love our next mitt to be added to the range:- a dedicated deep pile MF wheel wash mitt, no more cut knuckles from brake guards, and always clean rims behind those spokes.

Watch this space!!!!