Author Topic: Pressure washers.....  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Pressure washers.....
« on: 20 July 2014, 21:43 »
Thinking of this one....

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=1003

It will get used for all sorts, not just cleaning the cars... got some decking to clean as a priority.

Our lass says the most important is her diamond cut wheels though....  :whistle:

Can anyone recommend anything better? Less kit/better pump? More kit/same pump etc?
« Last Edit: 20 July 2014, 22:19 by Agreeable Slick »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Pressure washers.....
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2014, 00:19 »
Depends what else you want to use it for, and whether you need all the accompanying attachments.  I've heard very good things about Nilfisk washers. 

I used to use a comparable Karcher K5, but found it was just too bulky and cumbersome for car cleaning duties.  The pressure hose was very long which was good in terms of reach but it was forever getting twisted and was a bugger to straighten out, spent more time wrestling the hose than cleaning the car!  Winding the hose unkinked onto the storage reel was also a pita.  I came to hate it.  Hopefully the Nillfisk is better designed.  Also found with the heavy duty one, because you have it, there's a tendency to use too much pressure, even with a vario lance and patio head, and the consequence is that patio now needs repointing after 3 cleans!   

In the end ditched it and switched to a much smaller (and cheaper) Karcher one which I've just replaced with a new Karcher K2 compact.  Already have all the attachments so it was a cheap buy for £70.  Does the job just as well as the heavy duty one, but far easier to manoeuvre.  Works equally well on the patio and other general domestic jobs.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2014, 00:40 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2014, 07:20 »
Thanks for the input, some good things to take note of there. I could probably make use of nearly all of the attachments, as mentioned decking is first point of call, then got a load of flag stones to clean, house windows, both cars etc, only things I wouldn't possibly use would be the brushes....

I do like the fact that is has a specific car nozzle for the unit, other than the one with a little ball bearing in it, have heard that they can be too harsh on vehicle paintwork.... (surely that's a case of move the lance a bit further away to compensate though...?)

I'm leaning more towards Nilfisk as the pumps are better, and this has an induction pump rather than the universal motors most come with.

This will be my first one pressure washer though, so want to get it right first time, rather than spend cheaper and end up replacing it in a couple of years time.

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2014, 13:26 »
Thinking of this one....

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=1003

It will get used for all sorts, not just cleaning the cars... got some decking to clean as a priority.

Our lass says the most important is her diamond cut wheels though....  :whistle:

Can anyone recommend anything better? Less kit/better pump? More kit/same pump etc?

That's the one you want. Only thing which is better is arguably a Kranzle, but it's overkill for what you need really.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/index.php?manufacturers_id=81&osCsid=elkpmmkersa582o4dt137k3ti4

:cool:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2014, 20:53 »
Cool, will get that ordered then. :cool:

Kranzle! Holy momma they cost a wedge. Do look pretty cool though....

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2014, 13:24 »
I've had the Nilfisk 150.1 for 5 years never let me down yet and get used a lot to do everything from pathways, roof and the car.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2014, 15:47 »
I was a karcher fan but they go wrong. Cracks in the heads but cheap to fix.

Now have a Nilfisk 130. Very powerful and less noise than any karcher. Better built too.

Nilfisk over karcher.
:)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2014, 21:32 »
It arrived today.

Loves my Nilfisk. :smiley: