Author Topic: Little tip for "ruined" carpets  (Read 1780 times)

Offline abc2012

• Not said much yet
Little tip for "ruined" carpets
« on: 05 July 2012, 23:38 »
So with the carpets having something that resembelled hard chewing gum in but far stickier and harder, didn't think anything was going to get it off. Freezing didn't work, carpet cleaners didn't.

So in the end I spot a wallpaper steamer with a small attatchment.

Grab a wet vac, get the steamer warming and spray liberal amounts of AG Interior Shampoo all over the footwell, especially on the stains. Then held the stripper on the carpet for a while. It got right in there and started foaming the shampoo like mad and then start moving the steamer about and used it to scrape the stains away. Quick wipe with a cloth and then another steam all over and a wet vac.

Stains gone! :afro:

Offline ScottA

• I live here
Re: Little tip for "ruined" carpets
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2012, 01:09 »
Nice one. In future, put a sheet down to avoid getting semen stains on your carpet and then all you need to do is give your mats a quick hoover every so often, job done  :cool:
« Last Edit: 06 July 2012, 01:11 by ScottA »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Little tip for "ruined" carpets
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2012, 20:06 »
Nice one. In future, put a sheet down to avoid getting semen stains on your carpet and then all you need to do is give your mats a quick hoover every so often, job done  :cool:

:laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather