Author Topic: AUQ stage 2 remapped today - Still only boosting to 13-14 psi maximum.  (Read 5681 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
It seems to jump further to the end when it should be smooth.
I agree that slight leaks shouldnt drop 4psi. Am still thinking n75 not opening the actuator enough.

Or on the otherside of things someone previously has tried winding the actuator.bar out instead of getting it mapped and wound it the wrong way causing it to not pull full boost because of the rod being set wrong.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Something is causing your ECU to shut off the boost. To be honest the mapper should have found this fault after or before mapping it, not taking your money then leaving you to second guess it

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
I'll be taking it back there some time this week.
Over the last 2 days I've found and fixed a few minor leaks but none of them equate to 4 psi loss.

I also borrowed a oem recirc valve today, which rules out the forge 008 ive got.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
were meeting later so can have a good look over it all. I'd be asking for your money back for a start, if there were boost leaks and they hadn't noticed these then that's a worry in itself  :shocked:
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
were meeting later so can have a good look over it all. I'd be asking for your money back for a start, if there were boost leaks and they hadn't noticed these then that's a worry in itself  :shocked:

Thanks for the hand earlier, It's all rebooked in for this Saturday now. Hopefully they'll find and sort the issue. Personally I think he took a chance cutting corners by skipping the health check.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Hopefully with your foot up their arse they'll get it sorted :afro:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
The guy seems pretty proactive to be fair, he was going to have my car back in the day after it was mapped but I found an air leak and put it off

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
I've just got the car back from V12 once again and I'm happy to say the boosting issue has been resolved! It was definitely a software issue, though I did change a good few pipes that had been split.

It could potentially be worth taking it back one last time for a final tweak to the map, but overall I'm happy with the service V12 provided. I'm also still not ruling out a faulty n75 as the boost delivery is on and off at times.

Thanks for all the help