Author Topic: AUQ stage 2 remapped today - Still only boosting to 13-14 psi maximum.  (Read 5684 times)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Yeh that wont be the answer. N75 does that job. If you can swap it fora working one it rules that out

I'll give Dalo Harkin a message, see if he's about! If anyone else in Manchester has one that I could borrow for a few minutes please get in contact! thanks.

If you've still got your OEM recirc valve try that.

I've got the forge 008, it's currently using the yellow spring which would be correct if this boosted correctly.

Offline andy68

• Not said much yet

I've got the forge 008, it's currently using the yellow spring which would be correct if this boosted correctly.
[/quote]

It could be leaking slightly, OEM is more than up to the job, no harm in trying

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time

It could be leaking slightly, OEM is more than up to the job, no harm in trying
[/quote]

Sorry I misread that, unfortunately I don't have the oem valve.

Offline brianpologti

• Here all the time
I had a dodgy map on my auq when I had a custom map , went to a very well known mapping in London , and it still didn't really go to well, kept going into limp mode think 17705 , tried every thing they said boost leak , in end took it to nick , he laughed as it was one of his old maps they used ,but just turned the boost up , no timing /fuel etc , l
Nick sorted it ,

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
I had a dodgy map on my auq when I had a custom map , went to a very well known mapping in London , and it still didn't really go to well, kept going into limp mode think 17705 , tried every thing they said boost leak , in end took it to nick , he laughed as it was one of his old maps they used ,but just turned the boost up , no timing /fuel etc , l
Nick sorted it ,

Sounds similar to what my car used to be like... now it won't boost fully, but is definitely better. I kind of wish I did take it to nick, but at the same time, It could of been a wasted trip if it was more severe than I thought.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Pmd Mo  :wink:

14 psi is rediculously low for stage 2 that's more stage 1 ( my stage 2 does 1.7 bar / 24.5 psi)
We'll have a good look Wednesday
« Last Edit: 23 April 2016, 07:39 by Dalo Harkin »
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Nick sorted it ,

Sounds similar to what my car used to be like... now it won't boost fully, but is definitely better. I kind of wish I did take it to nick, but at the same time, It could of been a wasted trip if it was more severe than I thought.

I believe this is why Nick is now asking for cars to be left with him for a few days at least

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
I wish I just went for the big turbo build now!

I did a pressure test on my inlet earlier and found another pipe that was leaking, can anyone identify it?

http://imgur.com/iRkSbOL

Thanks

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Part of the vaccum system to the servo.
Or crank breather pipework that runs to the puk eventually

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Thanks Lemski, after some research I found that it was the suction pump vent. I'll try and silicone it tomorrow as they're £35 brand new!

Also -

I did some logging today If anyone's interested the CSV file can be downloaded here -
https://www.mediafire.com/?dddqgx67hrlo67d

If there's a way to share it without downloading please let me know.

A graph of my Specified and Actual boost is below -

It looks as if the actual boost is always a bit higher than the specified. Any ideas on this?

EDIT - Also, after checking fault codes once again I'm now getting an additional two MAF codes (16486 / 16487 - this may have been caused by me unplugging it for testing.) and I'm still getting the boost pressure drop code(17705). I've found two of the air leaks, one has been fixed and the other should be fixed tomorrow, but both of them are far too minor to make a 4+psi difference. I've also serviced my Forge 008 which hasn't made a difference.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2016, 00:53 by MoMartin »