Author Topic: AUQ stage 2 remapped today - Still only boosting to 13-14 psi maximum.  (Read 5682 times)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Hi, I got my car remapped once again today (went off the large turbo idea) and after remapping it it's barely different to how it was before. It boosts to around 14 psi max and the power delivery in 2nd gear is all the way up at around 4k rpm.

Mods -
3" turbo back exhaust
Induction Kit
Front mounted intercooler
Forge 008
and maybe a few others that I'm forgetting.

Has anyone suffered from this before and how did you sort it if you did?

Thanks in advance.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
My mates vrs only boosted that stage2 but power band was further up than 4.
Actuator on turbo free all the way.
Or n75 valve. Maybe a little vac leak. Did the check car before the map

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
I definitely know that it can boost and hold higher (up to 17psi) as beforehand it was supposedly mapped by the previous owners 'mate' who put a manual boost controller on it and used that to control the boost.

I'm about 90% sure there aren't any vacuum leaks, I've boost tested it myself and can now pressurise from turbo to inlet manifold at 30psi.

The only thing I still haven't tried is the n75 valve, but can this really limit the boost by around 4 psi?

Thanks

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
I dont know. But it is used to control the boost.
If its on the way out. Itll drop boost off, but so willthe turbo if its on its way.
All vac lines tight. Are they still rubber?
Its not a boost leak, id not say anyway.

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
  • Audi S4 gone, looking for b5 rs4
Who mapped it?

Have you asked the mapper?

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
I dont know. But it is used to control the boost.
If its on the way out. Itll drop boost off, but so willthe turbo if its on its way.
All vac lines tight. Are they still rubber?
Its not a boost leak, id not say anyway.

I've replaced almost all vacuum lines so I can't imagine any of that would be dodgy, All connectors are silicone too, and have been clamped using t bolt hose clamps. In regards to the n75, I'll see if there's anyone about in Manchester that I could borrow off for a quick trip.

Who mapped it?

Have you asked the mapper?
V12 Chip Tuning in Manchester, they have a good rep around here (not quite r-tech rep, but good rep nonetheless) so I trust they knew what they were doing.

I've emailed him and I'm waiting on the reply now.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Boost controler goes between the n75 and the actuator... I think. Never fitted one but would bypass what the n75 wants the turbo to produce.
Is the controller removed now

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Yeah the main reason for remapping it was to get rid of the dodgy map it had on it. It would go into limp when the mbc had been taken off.

I could put the MBC back on, but surely this can't be the answer.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Yeh that wont be the answer. N75 does that job. If you can swap it fora working one it rules that out

Offline andy68

• Not said much yet
If you've still got your OEM recirc valve try that.