Author Topic: Problem after fitting 008p  (Read 1939 times)

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
  • Audi S4 gone, looking for b5 rs4
Problem after fitting 008p
« on: 02 April 2016, 06:41 »
In February I had a new oem diverter valve fitted and all was well.i bought a brand new forge 008p and fitted it correctly with the yellow spring as I'm running a stage 2.
After having it fitted I noticed the car would judder/misfire when on part throttle. It only happens when I'm driving conservatively and easing up through the gears. If I floor it and go through the gears it's fine.

I thought changing the spring in the valve to green would cure it but no.

I know it's a weird problem anyone able to shed any light.

Offline Nino

• I live here
Re: Problem after fitting 008p
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2016, 09:01 »
Green spring is standard map, yellow is stage one map i think you need ether a blue or red spring.

Have you done a n249 bypass? If not I'd recommend it.
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2016, 10:17 »
Not done the n249 bypass yet. Was on the cards for later on in the year.

I put the yellow spring in the valve originally and replaced it with the green spring. Problem still persists.

I will try the blue spring later today if that doesn't fix it I may swap back to the oem valve as I had no issues with that on.

Surely couldn't be a faulty forge 008p?
« Last Edit: 02 April 2016, 10:20 by RnP »

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2016, 09:27 »
Blue spring is too much, what boost you seeing? Mines 1.7 bar on my stage 2 and I use a yellow spring. I'm right on the crossover point so could get away with a blue spring but it's a little too aggressive I think.
Are you sure you haven't disturbed anything while fitting?
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2016, 22:07 »
Today I put the stock oem diverter valve back on and the problems still persists.

I'm starting to think I've definitely disturbed something along the way. Question is what would cause this sort of problem. I had a pretty good look at the pipes in that vacinity but couldn't see anything a miss. Would a smoke test show what's causing this?

Offline Nino

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2016, 16:56 »
could have a damaged n75, but my money is on a boost leak, check all the pipes in and around it, id also do a n249 bypass while your there.
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2016, 17:18 »
Check and double check, take each piece of boost piping off (the small ones that are about 3mm internal diameter would be my bet) so the ones running to the top of the DV and around the inlet manifold to the boost gauge if you have one, FPR etc. cover one end with your finger and blow into each piece, the one you don't get a red face on is knackered  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 05 April 2016, 17:20 by Dalo Harkin »
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2016, 17:28 »
Cheers lads for your input I appreciate it all. I don't have a day off until the 20th so will report back.

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2016, 20:21 »
Check and double check, take each piece of boost piping off (the small ones that are about 3mm internal diameter would be my bet) so the ones running to the top of the DV and around the inlet manifold to the boost gauge if you have one, FPR etc. cover one end with your finger and blow into each piece, the one you don't get a red face on is knackered  :smiley:

Remind me to buy you a beer :laugh:

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2016, 12:26 »
you owe me a beer  :grin: