Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 650240 times)

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1730 on: 25 July 2014, 09:30 »
I finally installed some 6000k HID's to match the 6000k LED DRL's! Actually looks perfect now at night time. This was no mean feat - because of the aftermarket headlamps that I have, the entire front bumper has to be loosened and the headlamps disconnected and taken out to install (only takes me 20 mins now since I've done it like 6 times). Looks amazing and fixes my OCD. maybe I'll post some pictures tonight cos it's pretty sunny during the day nowadays
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1731 on: 25 July 2014, 17:10 »
I finally installed some 6000k HID's to match the 6000k LED DRL's! Actually looks perfect now at night time. This was no mean feat - because of the aftermarket headlamps that I have, the entire front bumper has to be loosened and the headlamps disconnected and taken out to install (only takes me 20 mins now since I've done it like 6 times). Looks amazing and fixes my OCD. maybe I'll post some pictures tonight cos it's pretty sunny during the day nowadays

Get some pics up mate. Which and where did you get your HID from?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1732 on: 25 July 2014, 17:19 »
Thanks will have another go at it this weekend.  :smiley:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1733 on: 27 July 2014, 21:22 »
Gave it a much needed waxing, then the rain came.  Beads nicely though.

Whilst cleaning, noticed lots of tiny silver particles bonded to the paintwork, fallout of some kind?  Wasn't there couple weeks ago, trying to think back to where it's been parked recently :undecided:  Needs a thorough decontamination.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #1734 on: 27 July 2014, 22:08 »
gave the door a wet sand with 2500 grit to remove some orange peel, finished with das6 pro and some megs cutting compound, polished out nicely but there's still very slight orange peel  :angry:

found out on the passenger door there was a repair made by the door handle, absolutely terrible job, the paint shows the sanding marks from the filler... and in the light it doesn't reflect properly, so I will be purchasing a new door skin and having it sprayed. Annoyed to say the least. 
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1735 on: 01 August 2014, 23:54 »
6000k HID's

Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1736 on: 02 August 2014, 00:00 »
^^
They look really good  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1737 on: 02 August 2014, 00:58 »
^^

Thanks! I love em

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1738 on: 02 August 2014, 07:10 »
^^

Thanks! I love em

Got some similar pics of my xenons at night and yours look spot on in comparison, very oem.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1739 on: 02 August 2014, 10:55 »
Gave it a much needed waxing, then the rain came.  Beads nicely though.

Whilst cleaning, noticed lots of tiny silver particles bonded to the paintwork, fallout of some kind?  Wasn't there couple weeks ago, trying to think back to where it's been parked recently :undecided:  Needs a thorough decontamination.

Bec, send me an email to remind me (work address) and I'll send you a WOWO sample of their water only clay to try.

Ginge