Author Topic: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear  (Read 30253 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear
« Reply #120 on: 07 July 2009, 21:09 »
I.T ?
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #121 on: 07 July 2009, 21:20 »

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #122 on: 07 July 2009, 21:24 »
nerd :grin: :grin: sorry could`nt resist
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #123 on: 07 July 2009, 21:34 »
nerd :grin: :grin: sorry could`nt resist

:grin:

Honestly, I'm as far away from that 'IT' look as you can get, I dont have glasses, I aint skinny, dont have spots and dont look like I could crack the da vinci code to save myself   :grin: I'm Fairly tall, almost 6ft, do lots of body building and only buy designer clothes, but my first love is computers and servers etc.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #124 on: 07 July 2009, 22:12 »
right sounds complicated

It's prob me thats making it that way.

I work for one of the largest accountancy firms in the world, we have some big big clients like Bank of England etc. Got told the other day after talking about cars, that one of our clients is Arnold Clark. Got a contact name and number for a high up guy in AC, as this guy does lease deals for our offices, he also set's up sales too. To cut a very long story short, I was hoping to call him, introduce myself, explain who I am and what car I want and wait to see what deal he could get for me through my firm, but as I said, when I called he was on holiday.

The holiday funds are killing me right now, also had vet bills eating away at my balance for a while there, without going into too much of my personal finances I need to watch what I'm doing, but got clearance the other day to order the car whenever I like rather than waiting till the end of the month. I'm upgrading my PC at the moment too, but bank of mum is thankfully paying for that (bless her) and also with my sister being very unwell at the moment I got a whole host of stuff on my mind, but car is high up the list and more or less just want it bought so I can cross it off and forget about it for a bit.

Did I say I was cutting a long story short ?  :grin:

dude - working for one of the large accountancy firms, doesn't this mean that you have to declare such "benefits" from clients... and in fact if you got a good deal, that could be seen to be a breach of independence rules?

for the sake of your career is it worth it?

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 07 July 2009, 22:18 »
right sounds complicated

I work for one of the largest accountancy firms in the world, we have some big big clients like Bank of England etc. Got told the other day after talking about cars, that one of our clients is Arnold Clark. Got a contact name and number for a high up guy in AC, as this guy does lease deals for our offices, he also set's up sales too. To cut a very long story short, I was hoping to call him, introduce myself, explain who I am and what car I want and wait to see what deal he could get for me through my firm, but as I said, when I called he was on holiday.

The holiday funds are killing me right now, also had vet bills eating away at my balance for a while there, without going into too much of my personal finances I need to watch what I'm doing, but got clearance the other day to order the car whenever I like rather than waiting till the end of the month. I'm upgrading my PC at the moment too, but bank of mum is thankfully paying for that (bless her) and also with my sister being very unwell at the moment I got a whole host of stuff on my mind, but car is high up the list and more or less just want it bought so I can cross it off and forget about it for a bit.

dude - working for one of the large accountancy firms, doesn't this mean that you have to declare such "benefits" from clients... and in fact if you got a good deal, that could be seen to be a breach of independence rules?

Yeah it certainly could be looked at that way, frowned upon or of course against the rules. No-one has told me any different and I don't know the defintative answer to it. Will certainly ask when I get into work tomorrow.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #126 on: 07 July 2009, 22:27 »

best of luck with it.  let us know how it goes, i might be in a similar position.... tho i might not be able to wait till 21 Jul, i'm going to the stealer this weekend armed with internet quotes :)
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #127 on: 07 July 2009, 22:43 »

best of luck with it.  let us know how it goes, i might be in a similar position.... tho i might not be able to wait till 21 Jul, i'm going to the stealer this weekend armed with internet quotes :)

Thanks.

Good luck with you're quotes. I found the dealers I visited glance at the internet quotes I took, just looked at the price and didnt entertain it in the slightest. One dealer offered me £1000 off and told me that was his max, and the very same dealer offered around £1800 for one of the other members in this forum. Then the dealer last night just said he personally could never beat that price. (my quotes were from dealdrivers and broadspeed)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #128 on: 07 July 2009, 23:42 »
I got no joy at all from Broadspeed with scrappage.  Without the scrappage they were offering over £2,200 discount, which I think would have been good for someone without an old car though.  But for me, it was less good than the £500 over and above the scrappage I'd already been offered.  (I don't think I'd get more than a few hundred for my old car privately, and I'd have to shell out for a service if I wasn't scrapping it.)

I found the DealDrivers price to be a spectacular incentive though.  It concentrated the minds wonderfully.  I won't repeat it all as I've posted it on the "Blue Graphite" thread, but I have a deal!

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #129 on: 08 July 2009, 14:04 »
right sounds complicated

Got clarification on that, as far as I've been told, If I get a decent deal then its not a benefit or perk as such, it just so happens I was told of the right person to talk to and its upto them wither they do me a deal or not.

Nothing illegal about it I'm told. Was also advised a lot of companies have customer rates and corporate rates, its just a benefit of working for a corporate company that said person can take advantage of.

I'm getting a tad excited, I don't want to get my hopes up too much incase the deal is not as sweet as I'm hoping it will be.