Author Topic: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear  (Read 30250 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear
« Reply #90 on: 07 July 2009, 15:06 »
Figures :rolleyes:

As i have been reminded many times, don't take it seriously. Its harmless banter.

What would this section be like without a Kev reaction, bloody boring place if you ask me, there's only about 2 of us with mk6's. !  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Max Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #91 on: 07 July 2009, 16:27 »

Kev, you are a tosser.

Is there an ignore function on this forum?
Mk7.5 R DSG Indium Grey 5Dr

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #92 on: 07 July 2009, 16:45 »
Can you lot not play nicely together, what's it matter who's got a mark 6 or who hasn't or who knows most about mark 5 or 6. What matters is that you are a GTI fan and in particular are loving the car or the idea of the car depending on whether you have ordered or not!!

No-one cares about scoring brownie points so be nice ok :rolleyes:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 07 July 2009, 17:05 »

Kev, you are a tosser.

Ahh, a mk5 owner, completely backs up by classless comment.

Will be owning the best hatch in the world soon, will you ?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #94 on: 07 July 2009, 17:06 »
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Max Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #95 on: 07 July 2009, 17:23 »

Kev, you are a tosser.

Will be owning the best hatch in the world soon, will you ?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was in fact your 'classless' statement which proved to all what a tosser you are.
Mk7.5 R DSG Indium Grey 5Dr

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 07 July 2009, 17:58 »

Kev, you are a tosser.

It was in fact your 'classless' statement which proved to all what a tosser you are.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Jkctr

« Reply #97 on: 07 July 2009, 18:29 »
Well this thread didnt end up anything like i thought it would  :lipsrsealed:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 07 July 2009, 18:43 »
Kev give it a rest will you,can`t you try to get on with people,you must be a nightmare in the real world.You said you were leaving ,please hurry up you annoying little man
« Last Edit: 07 July 2009, 18:45 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 07 July 2009, 18:55 »
All I've seen from mk5 owners is an attitude similar to my own in that yes the MK6 looks great, by all accounts slightly better handling, a bit more power and the icing on the cake (to me) is that there is more power but lower fuel economy and less emissions.  Undoubtedly progress and a better car.

Looks are always subjective and IMO the back of the MK6 is gorgeous - photo's don't do it justice, you have to see it in the flesh.  There is something about the front of the MK5 though which I like better - not saying the MK6 isn't nice (it is) but I prefer the MK5 nose.

The interior is fantastic and I like that you can get a proper premium sound system if you choose.

The reason I think its had a lukewarm reception from us MK5'sers is that none of these enhancements are a quantum leap like the MK4 to MK5 was.  Its a mild fettling and whilst there are many tweaks and improvements its not enough to tempt us out of what is fundamentally the same car ( :lipsrsealed:) but at a big cost to change.  If I was in the market for a new car now I would undoubtedly buy one (or if the fabled R20 made an appearance  :drool:) but nice as it is its not worth the change just for change's sake.

------

Kev you have jumped down the throat of anyone (including people who have come on here as new users looking into buying a MK6) who appear to you as if they are in the slightest way criticising the mk6, thrown irrational doubt over perfectly accurate statements, been abusive in general and just generally come across as an immature little boy.

Having been a user of this forum from when I got my first mk4 over three years ago you are the first person I've come across on here to display such a vulgar attitude.  You get from this forum (much like life) what you put in, maybe take a step back and look at your behaviour.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate