Author Topic: VW AGG 2.0 8v with emerald k6 warm up tuning advice  (Read 4200 times)

Offline juan.brein

• Just got here
VW AGG 2.0 8v with emerald k6 warm up tuning advice
« on: 24 December 2014, 12:41 »
Hey guys

My first post here...

I've got a VW t25 that went through an engine conversion some time ago. The new engine, a vw AGG 2.0 8v that was taken from a golf GTI. The original ECU was removed and it was replaced with an emerald k6.

When the engine is warm, it works fine, it idles around 800 rpm and never stalls.

The problem is when the engine is cold. Is a bit of a pain to be honest. Not too much for me as I can handle it, but for my wife is quite painful.

It basically stalls all the time during the warm up period. The only way to prevent it happen is to increase the throttle by 1 to 2% slightly pressing the accelerator.

I hooked my laptop into my emerald and started to read a bit the configurations and parameters but I really don't know where to start to fix this problem. I've uploaded a video for you guys to take a look

http://youtu.be/Rc_xUs2w9-0

In the video, I start the engine, then I pull on the throttle a couple of times. After that I leave the throttle between 1 and 2% where the engine doesn't stall at all. After that I leave the throttle alone and you'll see the engine going between 800 and 850 rpms. Something I notice is that the engine looks like missing a explosion on one of the pistons. Again I'm a complete ignorant on engines so take my last statement as such. You'll see that happening when the rpms drop to 700 at some point on the video. The thing is that on those times, if the engine is cold, is very likely the engine stalls.

So my question if possible to answer with the information provided is:

IS this likely to be a problem with the ECU?
If so is it possible to change some of the values improve it?
If not, what other things should I check?

I have the map file as well if needed.

Cheers!

Juan

VW BUSH

Re: VW AGG 2.0 8v with emerald k6 warm up tuning advice
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2014, 17:03 »
The AGG throttle body gets dirty and likes to stall when you come off the gas on the std ecu.
Worth just cleaning it out with some carb cleaner and a toothbrush first, its free and will eliminate it :smiley:

Offline juan.brein

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2014, 10:00 »
Thanks mate, I'll give it a try and see if improves. I saw some vids on how to clean the throttle body.

CHeers!

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2015, 14:53 »
After cleaning throttle body it will need aligning.
Try the following procedure.

Disconnect battery for a few hours best overnight then reconnect both terminals. Then turn on the ignition, don't start the engine though and don't touch the pedals. Leave on for 30 seconds then turn ignition off and then start the car straight away not touching any pedals. That should align the throttle body.