Author Topic: Performance intake advice....  (Read 2121 times)

Offline tubs0825

• Just got here
Performance intake advice....
« on: 30 July 2015, 00:29 »
Ive been looking into getting a performance intake lately and need some advice.
Ive seen a few such as the volkswagen racing inatke and forge twintake induction kit; has anyone used these and know if they are any good?
If not has anyone got any other suggestions or alternative induction kits to recommend?

Thanks

Offline tubs0825

• Just got here
Re: Performance intake advice....
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2015, 19:08 »
Thats loads of help thank you very much, i never thought about the induction kit drawing water in on rainy days. Have you heard of any cases where water ends up in the engine in this way?
The carbonio kit looks good and seems to not have the 'rainy day' issues but i guess you dont have as many gains with that kit

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2015, 11:20 »
Some of the favourite intakes for the mk5 GTI are the Revo intake, EVOMS intake or the VW Racing intake. All three are top rated and I've not heard of any suffering from water ingestation into the engine itself.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline tubs0825

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2015, 22:36 »
Thank you for your reply, im still not sure about what intake to go for! i want to get the right one first time round as they are not the cheapest. If i hadnt have heard the 'water problems' i would go for vw racing because their products are brilliant. But i have heard very good things about the evoms kit too.