Author Topic: I have no CD player?  (Read 2736 times)

Offline BartMan77

• Just got here
I have no CD player?
« on: 23 July 2015, 15:39 »
Hi folks,

Just purchased my beautiful mk4 Golf Gti - I love it!

I don't like the absence of a CD player.

What is the cheapest option I can avail of to put in a CD player.

Really appreciate the help because I've been lost for a while on this.

Thank you!

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: I have no CD player?
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2015, 19:53 »
What's your budget and what are you after?
You can pick up a standard golf cd head unit for a couple of quid on eBay. Same goes for an aftermarket unit.
What's your budget and what are you after?
Do you have cassette and a storage tray? Don't forget you can fit a double din ;)

Build thread clicky

Offline BartMan77

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2015, 16:28 »
Thanks for the reply!

I want to keep my budget cheap and cheerful, I came across a JVC KD-X320BTEN for €79 in Halfords and that would do the job, only problem is I need to buy a new casing for €20 and fitting is about €60. Ideally I need a digital radio that has an Aux, bluetooth for phone calls and CD player.

My budget would be around €100 but I don't know if that's overpriced for a cheap and cheerful offer.

Would anybody know how to fit these instead of paying Halfords guy.

Thanks in advance.!

Offline BartMan77

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2015, 16:28 »
Thanks for the reply!

I want to keep my budget cheap and cheerful, I came across a JVC KD-X320BTEN for €79 in Halfords and that would do the job, only problem is I need to buy a new casing for €20 and fitting is about €60. Ideally I need a digital radio that has an Aux, bluetooth for phone calls and CD player.

My budget would be around €100 but I don't know if that's overpriced for a cheap and cheerful offer.

Would anybody know how to fit these instead of paying Halfords guy.

Thanks in advance.!

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2015, 19:15 »
Hey man.
You can a good 2nd hand double din for that money. I'd recommend one over a single din, unless you are a big fan of the storage tray. You cant go wrong with head units, just find one you like and snap it up.
Fitment is easy, you just need some stereo removal tools and maybe an iso harness adaptor. Its then just a matter of plug and play.
There's a million guides out there on fitting a head unit. Have a search on the forum or google it ;)

Build thread clicky