Author Topic: MK6 GTi Dealer Discounts  (Read 5131 times)

Offline koop22

• Not said much yet
MK6 GTi Dealer Discounts
« on: 02 June 2009, 21:30 »
Thought id put up this topic for people to post any discounts/deals/extras they had recieved when they put their order for the MK6 GTi. (if any!!!)

Hopefully it will help prospective buyers to see what can be negotiated atleast !!

Would be appreciated :smiley:
« Last Edit: 02 June 2009, 21:38 by koop22 »

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: MK6 GTi Dealer Discounts
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2009, 18:42 »
2000 for scrappage on old car,would not shift on price after that ,managed to get dab tuner added for free,i think scrappage deal wiped out any margin they had for discounting the car.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2009, 22:25 »
2000 for scrappage on old car,would not shift on price after that ,managed to get dab tuner added for free,i think scrappage deal wiped out any margin they had for discounting the car.

they claim that back from the government though, so they gave you a £55 dab tuner as a discount on a £22k car + whatever extra's you chose ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2009, 22:33 »

they claim that back from the government though, so they gave you a £55 dab tuner as a discount on a £22k car + whatever extra's you chose ?

No, the government pay £1k and the dealer pays £1k so effectively he did get some discount.....
I still struggle to see why people expect to get discount especially on a new model that VW knows will sell  :undecided:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2009, 22:43 »

No, the government pay £1k and the dealer pays £1k so effectively he did get some discount.....
I still struggle to see why people expect to get discount especially on a new model that VW knows will sell  :undecided:

Ah ok, I thought they can still claim it back, my mistake.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline koop22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2009, 09:46 »

not sure people EXPECT discount. throughout the forum there are people who state they have been offered some type of discount/deal and the thread was simply set up to collate all of these deals to compare what can be done!

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2009, 11:11 »
Goverment only gives 1 grand and vw match it ,like i said Vw giving 1 grand kind of wipes out any discount the dealer will give,i tried various dealerships and none were going to give,so  free dab and 2000 scrappage seems ok with me,I`m no push over when it comes to making deals  but this was the best i was going to get,and like we all know its a very popular car so why would you discount it ?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2009, 13:16 »
Goverment only gives 1 grand and vw match it ,like i said Vw giving 1 grand kind of wipes out any discount the dealer will give,i tried various dealerships and none were going to give,so  free dab and 2000 scrappage seems ok with me,I`m no push over when it comes to making deals  but this was the best i was going to get,and like we all know its a very popular car so why would you discount it ?

There are many people online giving discounts, these guys are brokers excluding someone like dealdrivers who take your order and get a garage to call you. Right now you can get the a manual GTI for just a little over £20,000. Thats almost £2.4k wiped off already without scrappage, and there's also 10% off the extra's.

The Ford Focus, Corsa, Fiesta's standard Golf's etc are very popular cars, not a GTI compared to them, but I can get big discounts on them, why shouldnt there be discounts on a £22.4k or £24k dsg car ex extras, the GTI is not going to sell as many as those cars i mentioned.

Scrappage or not, If I got £2k off (dealer is only giving £1k) and a dab radio I'd walk away, very fast too.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2009, 13:27 »
Also, meant to add, there's lots of info on deals here for the mk6

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=112026.0

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2009, 08:39 »
What people/companies might tell you and the actuall truth is often miles apart,auto car have a target price scheme says should get basic model for roughly 1000 pounds less than rrp,give them your details and they will get a company to contact you with price,3 weeks, no contact,draw your own conclusions:lipsrsealed:
« Last Edit: 06 June 2009, 08:46 by simonpolly »