Author Topic: Vw golf clubsport s with rs3 engine!,,  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Axproject

• Just got here
Vw golf clubsport s with rs3 engine!,,
« on: 01 June 2019, 20:18 »
Got a clubsport s number 199.. want to put a rs3 engine it which i bought.
Would it be worth it .
Also I already put virtual cockpit.
And rs3 2018 brakes all round..
I am getting seats custom.
Just wondering if do a rs3 engine from a 2018 which I bought from police auction.
Would the value increase . As it's going to be the first also want it FWD.

.....????

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Vw golf clubsport s with rs3 engine!,,
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2019, 21:39 »
Don't take this the wrong way, but i'm struggling to understand why you bought a Clubsport S only to radically change it? Most people buy a Clubsport S because they want a Clubsport S.

The Clubsport S is a fantastic car without changing anything. Adding an RS3 engine and 4wd will give more power and more grip, but it will also add more weight and totally defeat the main talents of the Clubsport S, which are its poise, balance and sharp handling. For the money you have spent, you probably could have just bought an RS3 which would already have the brakes, the virtual cockpit, the power and the grip from standard.

I commend you on your adventurism, it seems like an interesting project. But a Clubsport S is not something I would mess with personally. Don't take it personally, it's only an opinion. The next person may think you're a genius. Welcome to the forum btw  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 01 June 2019, 21:51 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2019, 22:28 »
Guzzle has it spot on with the eloquence I'd have struggled with at this time! So in my own way, NO! It might be an interesting project to do but perhaps better on a standard GTI, CSS models are maintaining their values well but those with even a moderate mileage are commanding much lower asking prices. You'll be throwing your money away. A standard GTI can have the CSS unique parts retrofitted at a fraction of the difference in price of the cars giving you financial room to do the changes. I still think you'll lose money, but you'll definitely have a lot of fun! Or as Guzzle suggested, just buy an RS3...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Axproject

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2019, 23:50 »
Hi there thanks for the reply and excuse my written English.

I wanted to do a FWD conversion.and keep engine stock 400bhp.
I already upgraded a few stuff which I may load pic later.
Virtual cockpit in my opinion looks great and upgraded brakes front and back from a audi rs3.
I THOUGH by doing it on a clubsport s. Would more unique and show peice. And i was going to do it on youtube.
Should I just leave it from there. ????
Also I retrim the seats. Had no choise only becuase  it had got damaged. Retrim it to custom not original...but will have alcantra in it..

Thanks u for reply i only joined bcuz of this and alot of people i knw dont understand and cant advise..
Tbh u want beileve this when i bought this car i didnt know clubsport s are unique. It just came to my hands through a friend who wanted to get rid off needed money .

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2019, 00:04 »
I love crazy conversions - https://golfgti.co.uk/feature_mk1_tvrgolf.htm

However..... if you are thinking £££ then right now in the UK market your suggestions are the worst possible idea.

Clubsport S - list price 34k - brief spike upwards from speculators - currently around 30-34k.

Do something mental with one - I can't see an upside in price unless you are very lucky. So spend what.... 6-10k? not sure where you are with labour costs etc and what's it going to be worth? In all honesty, probably less than a standard one.

So. Financially.... stupid idea.

Fun/challenge/personal reward..... go for it :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Axproject

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2019, 00:07 »
Also incase i do it.
Would i achieve around 35 to 40k.
Car cost me cheap. Its 4000miles and white and aircon...
I think i will sell this car and buy a clubsport or gti p.

Offline Axproject

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2019, 00:14 »
Worst case i will put everthing back to normal.
Its not going to be 4wd and fuse box loom need altering and radiator pack upgrade and aftermerket ecu and downpipe. I wanted to know if the gearbox bolt on. Otherwise tt rs manual gearbox and swap the haldex to lsd.

Offline Axproject

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2019, 00:20 »
Imagine this 400 CSS
150 RHD
And 1 of 400 custom
 Based on a css.

I will change my decall letter S to red. :grin:. Lol