Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316518 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2013, 15:58 »
Anyone having trouble with the VW order tracking? My order number was showing up nicely last night but today it doesn't recognise the number :-s Bit concerned!

Not working for me either at the moment, lets be honest though, VW are being a bit crap with anything internet based just lately! I wouldn't worry.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #11 on: 13 April 2013, 16:12 »
Same here, local retailer told me there were some technical issues, and to not worry, orders have not been cancelled or anything drastic!

Hi there,

New member and soon to be new gti owner!
Ordered this morning and can't wait. 
Owned a polo gti 1.4 tsi before my current car so had a taster of the gti but I can imagine it pales in comparison to the golf.

Congrats, and welcome!  Be sure to update the spec thread that's stickied at the top of the forum here if you haven't already :)  Having driven the car you mention, and currently owning a MkV Golf GTI, I think you will be more than happy with your decision!

By the way, the colour multifunction computer is standard kit now.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2013, 17:51 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline blueheaduk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 15 April 2013, 19:55 »
Anyone had any luck with the order tracking yet? Still not recognising mine  :huh:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 15 April 2013, 20:44 »
Strange how this article says first deliveries Aug 5th...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2013/04/cars/volkswagen/golf-gtd/the-new-vw-golf-gtd-is-available-to-order-now

I would be more inclined to believe the VW UK website than an autotrader article. According to teh GTD/GTI sub pages for configurator etc it says available to order now, ready for June.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline blueheaduk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 15 April 2013, 21:04 »
Strange how this article says first deliveries Aug 5th...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2013/04/cars/volkswagen/golf-gtd/the-new-vw-golf-gtd-is-available-to-order-now

I would be more inclined to believe the VW UK website than an autotrader article. According to teh GTD/GTI sub pages for configurator etc it says available to order now, ready for June.

With all the faff we've been having with the VW website I would be very wary of anything on there!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 April 2013, 09:23 »
For those who have order numbers, how long did it take after ordering for you to get one?  I ordered 2 weeks ago and no order number from my dealer as yet.  Do you chaps have a build date yet either?  My dealer said that VW won't start building until the end of May (week 22??)
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 16 April 2013, 10:15 »
Bugger!!! Just had a phone call from the dealer this morning confirming a build date Week 25!! He did say that this date was provisional only and could move either forwards or backwards... Lets hoping its forward rather than backward... So based on this I'm guessing possibly July/August delivery... I was hoping it was June.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 16 April 2013, 11:11 »
I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say that this will happen to all of us - clearly weeks 22-24 are being designated for demo cars, actual orders will be after that.  Which I actually think is wrong to be honest - an order is an order and customers should take priority over demo cars IMO.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2013, 11:26 »
I totally agree. If that really is the case then the whole thing stinks. Customers should definitely take priority over Company. If the cars are selling well anyway, why need "demo" cars???
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)