Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 301538 times)

Offline Wide

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1120 on: 16 May 2017, 12:15 »
Looks nice,,, ;)
I was worried about the alloys from looking at the pictures and reading peoples' comments. Now I have seen in the them in the flesh I am really happy with how they look. :cool:

As someone else said, "Money well saved." :grin:

I bought new 19"  aftermarket wheels with tires for 1200£ instead. So now i have both 18" inch and 19" for the same prize. As if a should upgrade to 19" at VW.. :grin:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1121 on: 16 May 2017, 12:43 »
Looks nice,,, ;)
I was worried about the alloys from looking at the pictures and reading peoples' comments. Now I have seen in the them in the flesh I am really happy with how they look. :cool:

I bought new 19"  aftermarket wheels with tires for 1200£ instead. So now i have both 18" inch and 19" for the same prize. As if a should upgrade to 19" at VW.. :grin:

You know you're going to have to show us some photos of the new wheels. Photos of them off the car will do for now :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #1122 on: 16 May 2017, 12:51 »
Looks nice,,, ;)

You know you're going to have to show us some photos of the new wheels. Photos of them off the car will do for now :whistle:

Coming this weekend.. ;). Next week Paintprotection film ( Same as Shmee.. ) and black mirrors ;)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1123 on: 16 May 2017, 13:06 »
Looks nice,,, ;)

Coming this weekend.. ;). Next week Paintprotection film ( Same as Shmee.. ) and black mirrors ;)

Only difference being that you will be paying full cost for it whereas he will get a huge discount

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1124 on: 16 May 2017, 13:36 »
The 18" Seville wheels have appeared on the configurator, for both GTD + GTI, the diamond cut type but with the red pinstripe, not grey. Somethings wrong methinks.. :grin:

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #1125 on: 16 May 2017, 14:48 »
hi folks, i need the high beam asist with being disabled and i'm a little confused which extra i'd need..
sorry i'll be getting the gti :)

i know the latter doesn't mention high beam asist, but i thought the dynamic lights did it already..
« Last Edit: 16 May 2017, 16:55 by maxie »

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1126 on: 16 May 2017, 16:32 »
hi folks, i need the high beam asist with being disabled and i'm a little confused which extra i'd need..

i know the latter doesn't mention high beam asist, but i thought the dynamic lights did it already..
... I think it depends on the model you are buying and if there are LED headlights fitted.

High Beam Assist is for standard headlights (I think) and Dynamic Light Assist is for cars equipped with LED headlights. Did you try selecting the various options? Or speak to a dealer.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1127 on: 16 May 2017, 17:22 »
You need to tick the option for "Lane Assist with Dynamic Light Assist" - £630.

£630 quid gives you the camera that is used for lane assist/dynamic lighting/traffic sign recognition

Or if your car is DSG, you can have "Lane Assist Plus" for £1225 which adds Traffic Jam Assist and Rear Assist too.

The old "high beam assist" (that was cheap) is now not available on the Mk7.5.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #1128 on: 16 May 2017, 17:31 »
You need to tick the option for "Lane Assist with Dynamic Light Assist" - £630.

£630 quid gives you the camera that is used for lane assist/dynamic lighting/traffic sign recognition

Or if your car is DSG, you can have "Lane Assist Plus" for £1225 which adds Traffic Jam Assist and Rear Assist too.

The old "high beam assist" (that was cheap) is now not available on the Mk7.5.

... I think it depends on the model you are buying and if there are LED headlights fitted.

High Beam Assist is for standard headlights (I think) and Dynamic Light Assist is for cars equipped with LED headlights. Did you try selecting the various options? Or speak to a dealer.

thanks guys....... :) 

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1129 on: 16 May 2017, 18:39 »
Oops